Warminster hosts an annual garden competition asking residents and businesses to take part. It is free to enter and this year was judged by the Mayor and Deputy Mayor - Councillors Sue Fraser and Pip Ridout - with Francis Attwater as guest judge as part of the Warminster Festival in early July. At the same time the Open Gardens were held which proved enormously popular with visitors to the town and we hope to extend that in 2011.
At the Awards Night in the Assembly Rooms on Wednesday 18th August the following awards were made:
- Best Designed Garden - won by Mr and Mrs David & Ann Pollard of Bell Close
- Most Colourful Garden - won by Mrs J Charlton of Damask Way
- Best Kept Garden - won by Mrs Eileen Goodenough of Coleridge Close, who also opened her garden as part of the Open Gardens
- Best Hanging Basket or Container - won by Mr Derek Sellwood of Poulsen Close, who also opened his garden as part of the Open Gardens
- Best Display - Business premises or Public House - won by Ivy House, Church Road, who also opened their gardens as part of the Open Gardens
- Best Kept Allotment - won by Brian Dyke (Allotment No 23)with Special Commendations to Kenneth Parker (No 18) and to David & Barbara Bond (No 19)
The winners received Garden Vouchers and a small trophy.