…calling all Clubs & Societies
Terms and Conditions for Grants 2022
Each year Warminster Town Council allocates budgeted funds on anything which, in the Council’s opinion, is in the interest of its area or part of its area, or in the interest of all or some of the inhabitants of that area.
Grants will be made in accordance with the following criteria:
- That there will be direct benefit to Warminster or part of the area or to some or all of its inhabitants.
- That the direct benefit which will accrue to the area or inhabitants will be commensurate with the amount of expenditure.
- That, with the exception of disaster fund appeals, no grants will be made to national based organisations unless they can show the proportion of direct benefit to the residents of Warminster.
- That grants will only be made to individuals in exceptional circumstances.
- The grant application must be applied for by an authorised member of the charity or organisation.
Grants – up to £2,500
- Only one grant per organisation will be given in any one council year
- The deadline date for submitting applications will be Monday 20th June. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- The applications for 2022 will be heard at the Finance and Assets meeting scheduled in July 2022
- Payments will be made as soon as possible once the grant has been approved.
Any grant automatically includes a proviso that the recipient should attend the Annual Town Meeting to report on how the money has been used, or if this is not possible must provide the Clerk with a written report for the meeting.
Applicants may be asked to provide sight of their accounts, invoice or quotation for the project, details of other funding requests, and Terms of Reference, Constitution and Memorandum and Articles if relevant.