What do you want to do?
I want to know…
Warminster Town Council responsibilities are:
- The Civic Centre
- Dewey House
- The Lake Pleasure Grounds
- Tynings Allotments
- Eight Play Areas
- The Public Toilets in Central Car Park
- The Obelisk
- The War Memorial
- CCTV Control Room and Systems
- Boreham Road Closed Churchyard
- Yeates Meadow
- Ashley Place amenity space
- ‘Basil Brushes’ road sweeper
- Awarding grants to local organisations
- The Hanging baskets
- Comments on planning applications
- Advise on highway improvements
- Events: e.g. Spring in the Park, Christmas Lights, Remembrance Parade and Service
To read about Wiltshire Council Responsibilities, please download the "What Wiltshire Council Does" Fact Sheet.
Please note reporting to Wiltshire Council via the MyWilts app or MyWilts online reporting form is most effective when creating an account.
- Information on street markets, cemeteries, volunteering and other community matters can be found on the Wiltshire Council website
- Information on benefits and council tax can be found on the Wiltshire Council website
- For help and support relating to benefits or council tax payments contact Wiltshire Council on 0300 456 0100
- Wiltshire Council provide a free service to remove dead animals from roads and public spaces. They do not remove dead animals from private land, or animals smaller than a cat.
- Report a dead animal
- Defib Finder is a national scheme which can be used to locate defibrillators in your local area. All defibrillators monitored by South Western Ambulance Service are registered with the scheme Defib finder – find the defibrillators nearest you.
- You can report fly-tipping to Wiltshire Council using the MyWilts App or the MyWilts online reporting form
- Requests regarding overgrown grass, hedges and shrubs on public highways or spaces can be reported to Wiltshire Council
- More information regarding trees and hedges can be found here
- Please report any overgrown grass, verges or shrubs within Warminster play areas and the Lake Pleasure Grounds to 01985 214847 or email@example.com
- Information on aspects of roads and highways managed by Wiltshire Council can be found here
- To report highways issues you can use the MyWilts App or the MyWilts online reporting form
- For issues regarding speeding traffic or parking you can speak to your Wiltshire Councillor. You can find the Councillor for your area here by searching using your postcode
- Wiltshire Council are responsible for issuing licences and permits including street trading, animal licences and temporary pavement licenses.
- A range of clubs and societies are available within Warminster and the surrounding villages including sports teams, leisure activities & support groups. Find more information here
- Parking enforcement is the responsibility of Wiltshire Council. You can contact parking services on 01249 706131or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Details of Wiltshire Council managed car parks in Warminster can be found here including associated charges
- Season tickets for 1, 3, 6, and 12 months can be purchased here
- To report a fault with a parking ticket machine phone Wiltshire Council Parking Services on 01249 706131. The letter and location of the machine is required when reporting. Any other problems with a Wiltshire Council car park can be reported via the MyWilts online reporting form or the MyWilts App.
- General Parking information can be found here
- For general questions or issues regarding parking you can speak to your Wiltshire Councillor. You can find the Councillor for your area here by searching using your postcode
- Warminster Parking Partnership: Warminster Town Council offer a parking scheme, reimbursing up to 2 hours of parking to encourage residents and visitors into the town centre and local shops. You can find out more about the scheme and which retailers participate here
- Report damage or issues with pavements & kerbs to Wiltshire Council via the MyWilts App or MyWilts online reporting form
- Public toilets in Warminster are located in the Central Car Park and Lake Pleasure Grounds and both facilities are managed by Warminster Town Council. Please note these are not open 24/7.
- There are also public toilets at the Civic Centre as well as a Changing Places Toilet available for anyone to use between the hours of 9am – 4:30pm.
- If you find any problems with any of these facilities please report them to 01985 214847 or email@example.com
Information on registering births & deaths, obtaining copy certificates and other registration services can be found on Wiltshire Council’s website.
There is no longer a Registration Office situated in Warminster, you can use the contact information provided in the link below to book an appointment with Wiltshire Council
Contact information for Registration Services can be found here
- Information regarding any planned or current roadworks on a Wiltshire highway can be found using one.network further information and a link to this service can be found on the Wiltshire Council website
- Any issues regarding traffic lights and road crossing should be reported to Wiltshire Council using the MyWilts report it app or online reporting form
- Advice on trees and hedges can be found on the Wiltshire Council website
- If there is an issue with a tree on private land you will need to contact the land owner.
- Trees on Wiltshire Council land can be reported using MyWilts online reporting
- To report a problem with a tree in the Lake Pleasure Grounds, play areas or other Warminster Town Council managed areas please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01985 214847
- Weeds on pavements and roads can be reported to Wiltshire Council via the MyWilts App or using the MyWilts online reporting form
- You can hire a wheelchair or electric scooter from the Warminster Community Hub as part of the Shopmobility organisation. Hire is available from 1 hour up to 1 month. The hub is located within the Central Car Park, Warminster BA12 9BT. To book a chair or scooter either call on 01985 218548 or go into the hub during their opening hours of Monday to Saturday 10am – 1pm.
- Within Wiltshire you can hire a wheelchair from the British Red Cross. Find out where your nearest service is via the Wiltshire Council website
- Wiltshire Council is the Unitary Authority for residents of Warminster and surrounding villages. Wiltshire Council are responsible for amongst other things, housing, highways, parking and rubbish. A full list of services provided by Wiltshire Council can be found here
- You can contact Wiltshire Council on 0300 456 0100 and report issues using MyWilts online reporting or the MyWilts App.