The Warminster Town Council Civic Award nominations are now open with residents encouraged to celebrate local heroes in our community. Warminster is full of people who give up their time unselfishly, and the Town Council would like to recognise these people across four awards.
The Civic Award winners are nominated by the public and voted for by Warminster Town Councillors. The awards are given to highlight examples of community spirit, those who have ‘gone the extra mile’, those motivating others to act positively as well as for individual efforts.
The four awards now open for nomination are as follows:
- The Civic Award (over 18 years of age) made to an individual who has made a significant difference for the community of Warminster,
- The Junior Civic Award (under the age of 18) given to an individual for achievement within the community,
- The Green Civic Award for environmental issues – for setting an example or changing behaviour of others – which can be awarded to an individual, or group,
- The Environmental Award for businesses to recognise their contribution towards tackling climate change and working towards net zero.
The four Civic Awards are held in equal standing and judging of nominees will be based on:
- Highlighting the example of community spirit,
- Focussing on those who have ‘gone the extra mile’,
- Motivating others to act positively, which will be considered as important as individual efforts.
In December 2022, Jessica Williams, John Walpole, Clive Thomas, and Michael Coleman were given framed certificates and a floral display when they were honoured in the 2022 Warminster Civic Awards. They were joined by family and friends for an afternoon tea with the Mayor and other councillors.
Do you know someone or a group who dedicates themselves to helping others or is involved in voluntary work for the benefit of Warminster? Then nominate them for the 2023 Civic Awards here: https://warminster-tc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/2023-The-Warminster-Civic-Award-Nomination-Form-1.pdf
Forms need to be returned by Monday 13th November 2023 to: Town Clerk, Warminster Civic Centre, Sambourne Road Warminster BA12 8LB or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations must be treated as confidential, and the nominee should not be aware that they have been nominated.
Last modified: 26 October 2023