Do you know someone who is always helping others or is involved in voluntary work for the benefit of Warminster? Then nominate them for this year’s awards. The closing date for nominations is Monday 15th November 2021. Nomination forms are available from:
The Town Clerk, Warminster Town Council, Warminster Civic Centre, Sambourne Road,
Warminster BA12 8LB. Tel: 01985 214847 Email: email@example.com or online at www.warminster-tc.gov.uk
Warminster Town council is asking the public to nominate people who have displayed shining examples of community spirit to receive a prestigious award.
The awards are as follows:
- The Civic Award (over 18 years of age) made to an individual who has made a significant difference for the community of Warminster
- The Junior Civic Award (under the age of 18) given to an individual for achievement within the community
- The Green Award for environmental issues – for setting an example or changing behaviour of others – which can be awarded to an individual, group or business.
The judging of nominees will be carried out by the full Warminster Town Council members and will be based on
- highlighting examples of community spirit.
- focused to those who have ‘gone the extra mile’
- those who have motivating of others to act positively
- individual efforts
These three Civic Awards are held in equal standing and celebrated with a certificate from the Mayor of Warminster. The award ceremony will be a tea of thanks with the Mayor and other members of the Town Council. Photos of the award presentation will be issued with a media release containing a write up about each recipient.
Councillor Steve Jeffries, Mayor of Warminster said: “I know Warminster is full of people doing outstanding voluntary work of behalf of the community. I really hope that people will take the time to nominate people they know who they feel deserve some wider recognition.”
– ends –
For more information contact Tom Dommett, Deputy Town Clerk, Warminster Town Council, Tel: 01985 214847. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: 4 November 2021